I'm not super stoked on the name, but what matters is that it has good racing. I'm sure it will. IMSA, which has a cool new logo, will be the sanctioning body for the new series.
The class structure is as follows:
- P - Current Daytona Prototypes
- P2 - LMP2 cars and the DeltaWing
- PC - ALMS Prototype Challenge cars
- GTLM - Le Mans homologated GT cars
- GTD - Grand-Am GT cars and ALMS GTC cars
- GX - Grand-Am's new GT class for alternative fueled cars
No series sponsors have been announced yet and full rules for prototype cars will be out in 90ish days.
via Jalopnik http://jalopnik.com/453735510